What is prepress and what are the steps involved in it?
As its name shows pre means “before” and press mean printing. After finalizing the designs the manufacturers think about its digital printing procedure which involves the following steps and this entire task is done on the computer. The process may differ depending on the nature of the file but mostly these common steps are done.
- Fonts are checked and set according to the required size
- They make changes in the graphic designs.
- Camera-ready artwork is completed
- Then comes color separation by using the proper formula
- Crop marks are included
- Pages are put in the order for taking prints easily
- Prepress proofs are taken
- Lastly?/finally they get film and create printing plates